Today we went on our first field trip of the year. We call it the Wise County History trip. We headed to the county seat, Decatur, to take a look at the courthouse. It is a beautiful piece of art! It is made of granite from the design by architect J. Riely Gordon. After we saw the courthouse, we traveled to El Castille (Waggoner Mansion) where we were amazed at the wonderful piece of history right here in our own backyard! The Victorian home was built in 1883 and is a magnificent example of the boldness and grandeur of the the cattle baron life. We then traveled down the road and stopped to enjoy the historic Texas Tourist Camp and petrified wood gas station. Our next stop was the Wise County Museum housed in the former Decatur Baptist College (origination of Dallas Baptist University) where we had the privilege of learning about "The Lost Battalion", the Sam Woody cabin and many historic artifacts. After we left the museum, we stopped and visited the Veteran's memorial in Decatur.